Pages

Sunday, May 25

Post RSS Thinking

I just spent the morning catching up on my RSS feeds. Below is an attempt to summarise my thinking.


What do I STOP DOING?
Attending top national conferences because “that is what I have always done”. The best professional learning I have had lately has come in the form of RSS feeds and the K12 online conference. This year’s conference is scheduled for October 20-31, the theme is “Amplifying Possibilities.”


What do I KEEP DOING?

Web 2.0 is where it is at! I need to continue to bask in these technologies and explore their implications for teaching and learning.
I will keep searching for online collaborative projects that make effective use of web 2.o technologies and post them on: Handpicked...



What do I START DOING?

*Participating not just lurking in my networks.

*Making further use of the following very cool tools:

Boolify

This online 'beauty' teachers boolean
search techniques while carrying out your searches.


Super Cool School
Wow lots of potential here, delivery approach still a bit chalk and talk, but great enabler for personalising learning.

No comments: